EVOM3, Epithelial Volt/Ohm Meter for TEER
|Part #||Resistance Range|
|EVOM3||1 Ω to 100,000 Ω or with three fixed current ranges|
Making TEER Measurements to Determine Cellular Confluence with automatic data logging
- Low noise design offers greater resolution and accuracy
- Automatic 20X sample averaging improves accuracy and stability
- Adjustable fixed measurement currents (2, 4 or 10 μA)
- Resistance auto ranging from 1 Ω to 100,000 Ω or with three fixed current ranges
- Reliable low current, low voltage design prevents metal ion transport
- Fast resistance stabilization on low levels under 200 Ω with resolution to 0.1 Ω
- Ergonomic tilt stand for low glare operation
- Graphical display of popular plates (6, 12, 24, 96) for trend analysis
- The display shows the most recent set of parameters
- Automatic plate indexing operation with or without control well subtraction for resistance and potential difference (PD) measurements
- Continuous data logging via USB (PC, Mac, Linux)
- Saves date stamped data to a spreadsheet readable file on a USB drive
- Upgradable firmware
- Eliminates errors and reduces experimental processing time
- Auto data logging eliminates the need to track data by hand
- The small footprint allows more bench space
- Easy calibration and verification
- Footswitch for hands-free recording
- Prevent data loss with auto save and data recovery when battery is low
- TEER is easily computed by applying a unit area formula to the resistance
- Measure epithelial or endothelial tissues for confluence, TEER and potential difference
- Permeability, conductance and drug studies
- Continuous digital monitoring of a target membrane
- Common studies
- Blood-brain barrier transport
- Lung epithelial tissue studies
- Intestinal tissue studies
- Skin studies
EVOM3 For Teer Measurement
The EVOM3 delivers improved workflow efficiency, more stable and repeatable measurements versus traditional Trans Epithelial Electrical Resistance (TEER) meters. Providing users with vital feedback during experiment measurements, the EVOM3’s large screen offers a range of informational views. The new graphical displays for trend analysis and measurement values helps scientists deliver simple, stepwise methodology during experimental measurements. The touch screen interface provides users an intuitive, easy-to-use menu for configuration.
Eliminating the need to log data by hand, the EVOM3 writes the resistance or voltage information to a USB drive in CSV format for easy transfer to spreadsheets and data analysis programs. When used with the footswitch it enables handsfree recording of measurements.
At the heart of the EVOM3 is our latest processor and circuitry, providing users with quick, easy and reliable readings due to its fast stabilization, automatic twenty times sampling average and low noise design. The auto ranging resistance feature allows for fast resistance measurements, and an over-range display feature eliminates false readings. The EVOM3 has adjustable current levels in three fixed ranges with two lower ranges for sensitive membranes and high resistance ranges up to 100 KΩ.
TEER Measurement Electrode
The STX2-PLUS electrode was designed for easy insertion into many 24-well plates. It is location re-placeable in the insert for repeatable and consistent measurements. The new shielded electrodes are now designed to minimize electrical interference and to be more easily maintained.
- STX2-PLUS new electrode designed for 12 and 24-well plates.
- Weighted self-standing electrode for hands-free stable measurements
- Shielded cable to minimize electrical and cell phone interference
|What is included with the EVOM3||QTY|
|EVOM3 Epithelial Volt Ohm Meter||1|
|STX2-PLUS Electrode set||1|
|300749 USB drive 32 GB (Used for storage. Also contains a Python 3.8 program for continuous digital monitoring of a target insert).||1|
|503535 USB cable||1|
|99673 Calibration kit, 1000Ω Test Resistor||1|
|803025 A/C power cord and charger||1|
|13142 Foot switch||1|
NOTE: A 99672 EVOM2 to EVOM3 Electrode Adapter is sold separately. The STX2, STX3 and all STX100s require the use of this adapter with the EVOM3.
See the full-size video. 7 reason to love the new EVOM3 for TEER measurement
Why choose EVOM3 over an EVOM2 for TEER Measurement.